“And today, we haven’t had a new case for the last two weeks until the word that reached the public in the last 24 hours,” Pence added. “We’ve had 15 cases in this country. People are being treated and — and doing well.”
(Victor Garcia – Fox News) Vice President Mike Pence told Fox News’ Sean Hannity in an exclusive interview Thursday that “the risk of the spread of coronavirus in the United States of America remains low” and credited what he called “decisive action” by President Trump earlier this year.
“We continue to prepare for whatever may come, but the reality is that because of the actions that President Trump took … literally, you know, ending travel, closing our borders to people coming in from China, establishing a quarantine process, setting up a task force,” Pence said. “I mean if the president hadn’t taken those unprecedented steps we’d be in a very different place today, Sean.”
At a news conference Wednesday, Trump announced that Pence was in charge of coordinating the federal government’s response to the outbreak, nearly one month after Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar declared the coronavirus to be a public health emergency on Jan. 31.